Theft and Motorcycle Insurance in San Francisco
We bet you love your motorcycle. It’s probably one of the best things you’ve ever had in your entire life. The thing is, not only do you love your motorcycle; other people in San Francisco, CA love your bike as well.
Motorcycle theft in San Francisco is high and not just in the Bay area, but in California as a whole. Do you have motorcycle insurance in San Francisco? if you don’t, no worries because there are a few things that can help you protect your bike against motorcycle theft and we are going to tell you how to do so.
Here is a great list on how you can protect yourself against motorcycle theft in SF…
Theft & Motorcycle Insurance in San Francisco Tips
- If you don’t have motorcycle insurance, get it! It is mandatory. VIP 360 Insurance protects against motorcycle theft.
- Pay the extra money for a house or apartment with a garage. It’s worth it in the long run.
- Never ride alone. Two or more riders are always better than one. The more eyes on a potential theft, the better.
- If you park your motorcycle in the light, your chances of theft are sliced in half. Thieves don’t like to be seen. It takes a bold thief to steal in the light.
- Always park your motorcycle in plain sight. It’s harder to steal when there are a lot of eyes around.
- Try to park your motorcycle on a store walkway or path vs. parking lot. If you’re an employee at a retail store or venue, just ask your boss if it’s ok to do so.
- Get an alarm for your motorcycle. Expensive, but worth it. The louder, the better.
- Park your motorcycle where there are a lot of security cameras. In the event that your motorcycle is stolen, they will most likely catch the thieves on camera.
- Parking your motorcycle near windows is always a good idea. Your chances of catching a thief in action will be high.
Motorcycle theft sucks and can’t always be prevented, but this checklist should help you protect yourself against it.
VIP 360 Insurance provides motorcycle insurance in San Francisco and other cities in the state of California.